Displaced Persons camps were temporary facilities established in Germany after WW II to house refugees. Concerned about their children's future, Baltic refugees organized classes for a population of elementary school students that reached 4,150.
(number as identified in Lithuanian Encyclopedia vol. 5)
D.P. Camp "Venta", British Zone
Photographed by: School Principal, Vitalius Matulaitis in 1947
This video does not have sound.
This post is also available in: LT